首页 -> 2006年第1期

校园幽默

作者:杨思晴




   His head must be empty too
   (他的脑子一定也是空的)
  
  Little Bobby: I've got a stomachache[1].
  鲍比:我胃疼。
  Mr. Fairchild: You haven't eaten anything. Since your stomach is empty, it hurts.
  费老师:你什么东西都没吃,胃是空的,当然会疼了。
  Little Bobby: Now I know why Uncle Harry has headache[2] all the time. His head must be empty too.
  鲍比:哦,我可算知道哈里叔叔为什么总是头疼了。他的头一定也是空的。
  [1] Stomachache:胃疼,肚子疼。
  [2] Headache:头疼。
  
  Who was the first Man?
  
  A teacher said to her class:“Who was the first man?”
  有个老师问班上的学生:“谁是第一个男人?”
  “George Washington,”a little boy shouted promptly.
  “乔治·华盛顿,”一个小男孩当即叫道。
  “How do you make out that George Washington was the first man?”asked the teacher, smiling.
  “你怎么知道乔治·华盛顿是第一个男人呢?”老师微笑着问道。
  “Because,”said the little boy,“he was first in war, first in peace , and first in the hearts of his countrymen.”
  小男孩说:“因为他是战时第一,和时第一,国人心中第一。”
  But at this point a larger boy held up his hand.
  这时一个大点儿的男孩举起手来。
  “Well,” said the teacher to him,“who do you think was the first man?”
  “那么,”老师对他说,“你认为谁是第一个男人呢?”
  “I don't know what his name was,”said the larger boy,“but I know it wasn't George Washington, ma'am, because the history book says George Washington married a widow , so, of course, there must have been a man ahead of him.”
  “我不知道他的名字,”大点儿的男孩说,“但我知道不是乔治·华盛顿,老师。因为历史书上说,乔治·华盛顿取了一个寡妇,所以在他前面肯定还有一个男人。”